2.12.2011

Happiest No. 2

Sunny bright happy curtains in the kitchen. We have a local fabric store, G Street Fabrics, that has a massive selection of upholstery and curtain facbrics. Typically I find the majority of their selection to be too "safe" for my taste, but I do like to rummage through the $5 stacks for backdrops on photo shoots, or just general time passing. A few weeks ago I found this lovely, happy print and zipped up some curtains for the sliding glass doors. I will share that I cheated - the long edges are sill selvages, and not true seams. You can't tell the difference now that they're hung. Whatever - kid only naps once a day, you do whatcha gotta do. The rest of the kitchen is still a work in progress, and that progress is s.l.o.w. 


 They drop completely to the floor and I heart them. Next up will be sheers for the back wall o'windows. Sewing sheers is fun, fun! NOT.


Cameron and the goop on Superbowl Sunday. I believe Cam was mimicking Cass at this particular moment. It's a pretty dead-on impersonation, if you ask me - but you didn't, so I'll just share my opinion anyway. Uncle Sean gave Cass a Steeler's hoodie for his first Christmas, and he wore it with pride.


A (whispers to herself) finished living room. At least for now. There are a few tweaks here and there, but it's pretty close to complete.

A few of Cameron's earliest framed photos. Pinwheels from our wedding. 

Part of my vintage jar collection.

 My handmade wedding bouquet, based on a kit purchased from Princess Lasertron.

The child has learned to crawl down, and up, the steps now. He goes down the stairs veeeery carefully, and it's hilarious. 


 "I did it all by myself Mama." Bless his little heart. 

These litte stacks of lovelies will be made into something even lovelier. I am waiting on a delivery from Sew Fresh Fabrics, and then a new storm of crafting shall commence. Or, a very, very slow drizzle of crafting. Cuz ya know, it's not like I have other things to do - laundry and taxes and meals to cook and contracts to write. Nah, I think I'd rather play with fabrics and patterns all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment