1.14.2011

Happiest no. 1

Things that make me happy no. 1...


My Dad and Cass watching the snow fall the day after Christmas morning.



The start of our kitchen DIY renovation.

Baby steps here friend, baby steps. I'm planning to paint the walls (done), sand and repaint the trim, sand and repaint the cabinets (they are vintage metal cabinets - so very cool), hang curtains, maaaaaybe repaint the fridge, refinish the table and (finally) pull up the hideous fake marble laminate floors and just see what we find. Consequently, I've been pulling lots of inspiration photos from my favorite design sites.


I'm really into farmers and trestle tables right now, but I don't think Cameron's into paying for one (neither am I, to be honest!). They are pricy, but I think they are very classic, timeless furniture shapes that would fit into a variety of design schemes, hence worth the investment.



Not a bad start, eh? I know all of my inspiration photos have white walls, but I cannot do white walls. I might go insane. The paint is called "Burnt Nutmeg" or something like that. It's much brighter in the daytime, and makes me extremely happy to head straight to the kitchen first thing in the morning.

The cabinets and doors were stripped, sanded and repainted. The actual cabinets are painted white, and the doors have been finished with chalkboard paint. It was a lot of work, and I've only gotten 2 done so far, ha. I think I need to wait for warmer weather - this will be much easier to tackle on the patio.



Current yucky cabinets. Cute picture of baby monster.





My happiest little helper; swiffering the floor at Grandma's.




No comments:

Post a Comment